Friday, June 21, 2013

We are still here

Ok, Ok, I'll write a blog.  I find it hard to write blogs! 
But anyway, Yup, yup, we're still alive!

The high-light of this week is that Pepere has been here with us all week.  We haven't been terribly exciting I'm sure.  Work still has to keep going.  I still had sewing to do every morning and they boys helped.
We did go swimming at the Canada games center twice and wanted to go to the hotsprings last night but it was outrageously expensive.  It seems to go up every year. 
Yesterday, I had a bunch of sewing to deliver so Dad, Isaac, and I made a trip to town and we stopped at the 50's diner for ice-cream.  It was a nice cold treat that happens probably once a year.  Dad recognized all the 1950's celebrities painted all over the walls.  The serving girls all wear their 50's style circle skirts.  And the ice-cream is good!
Pepere preached a sermon for our little homechurch prayer meeting.  It was very good!  He'll preach again tonight and then again tomorrow. 
The unfortunate part is that the bigger church is soooo afraid of us.  There must be some serious vibes or talking going on there or something because the distance and aloofness is palpable.  It's too bad and makes me sad!  What can I do?
Today, we will cook, clean, mow, mow, mow and more mow the lawns.  So much to do before we go down to Angie's place and only 5 days to do it all in.

I am counting the blessings of God this summer.  He has provided the money for travel and more.  With my new sewing contract, provided by God, I believe,  We were able to pay for two weeks of Young Dis*ciple Camp $700 for each of the two older boys and pay for our trip down and save enough money for getting 7 years of American taxes done.  That is truly a blessing! 

My garden is dong good, although it seems a little stunted to me but I may just be very impatient.  My little tiny greenhouse has beautiful plants, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, spaghetti squash, peppers, and butter nut squash.  They are beautiful and I believe I might have a pretty good harvest from there this year.

Caleb has been working at the horse farm next door as a part time job.  The pay is nothing to brag about but he is gaining experience and the people there love him.  He is pretty proud of the fact that he can say like a man,  "I'm going to work now!  See you after work!"  He has managed to save several hundred dollars now for himself for the trip South.  I hope it doesn't burn a hole in his pocket!

Would love to see Jason and his gang this summer if there is any possible way at all.  I'm sure all your happenings are on the East end of the country but if there is a way,  we'd love to see you!

Alrighty,  I'm off to mow some lawn and dodge mosquitoes!  Wish me joy!  lol
Have a great day everyone!




1 comment: