Thursday, April 14, 2011

Do you want to meet my wonderful neighbors?

Here they are!  Most of them live the property adjacent to ours and we can go visit them whenever we want to.

Many Elk
There are several Muskox but this guy would not get his head out to of the trough for me and I'm sorry about the fence but apparently they are really aggressive so they have a double fence all the way around their big pastures so no one gets hurt.
The Caribou.  Such funny looking animals.  This guy was quite agitated today for some reason.

 Here are two cute fellows that were having their nap and were not really impressed with my visit today.

 There is a lynx in this next picture.  Apparently nap time for him too.

Here is my favorite guy.  He did some talking to us too.  he was so cute!


We also have some dall sheep and another kind (I can't remember).  There is also Mrs. Moose and tons of ground hogs and some bald eagles and golden eagles.  And... So many Bison.  
Isn't it so nice to have such wonderful neighbors. 
Here is a picture of one of our neighbors to the side of us who is giving my boys rides and teaching them to ride on his quad.

And so there you have it!  Welcome to our Neighborhood.

I also took this picture of a little girl at homeschool group today.  This is a true Canadian Yukoner!!
She rode her bike in her mini skirt and even fell in the snow.  She was totally unconcerned!
She was loving her bare feet moments too.  Silly child!  :0)
Here is what my garden is looking like.  

2 comments:

  1. What fun neighbors! The sleeping foxes were so cute! Your indoor garden is looking great! When do you guess you will be able to set the plants outside? I was able to spend a few hours outside working the soil today. It sure was fun! Were you able to make it to my blog?

    ReplyDelete