Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bake Sale, Yard Sale, Craft Sale and.....Pancake Breakfast!!!

Hi Everyone,
I am still alive but just barely.  Our sale was a screaming success and now my feet our screaming too.  I ran from one spot after another trying to keep it all going and organized.  I guess I didn't really think that people would really respond to my advertisment in the news paper but bright and early, before I even had a chance to set up, people were showing up.  It was the craziest thing ever.  You see, my friend Pat and I had planned this together and we were going to be a team and pull this off.  Well, she didn't get to stay because suddenly she had to leave Yukon for medical treatment down in Kamloops, B.C.  and I couldn't back out because it was all advertised and so I was in over my head and alone.  Well, I guess the Lord knew that I needed help and some of the first people that showed up for pancake breakfast were some SDA people from Wasilla, Alaska whose vehicle broke down here and they were stuck for a few days.  She graciously took over the pancake turning and hashbrown stiring and veggie sausage rolling and it freed me up to run around making sure things were running smoothly as possible.   None of it was exactly smooth but after all was said and done and everyone was gone and I loaded everything into the van, we had managed to raise $700.
My husband's mouth dropped to the floor when I told him because it was just the evening (or should I say, very early morning hours) before that he said I was crazy and didn't have enough stuff for my sales or food to make a go of it.  We actually had plenty!
God is good and I'm exhausted and we are happy for the Blessings of today.

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ju, that bake/yard/pancake sale was amazing. (Besides running you into a frazzle.) I'm proud of you. Dad.
    PS. Hope the offer you made on the house works. (May God's will be done.)

    ReplyDelete