Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One Disappointment and Another

Ok, my fingers are on the keys but I'm not sure too much intelligence will come out of them.  All ten of them seem rather brainless at the moment!  :0)
As many of you know, my husband and I have been looking for a home to buy and call our own so that we don't have to pay someone elses mortgage every month through rent money.  We really found an awesomely beautiful house on 16 acres of  cleared land and we were so excited and worked hard to get that piece  but it wasn't to be, after pray and hoping and praying some more we discovered the man was trying to subdivide ilegally and manipulate the sale by not telling us all the facts and wanting us to hand over the money while he continued to hold the title until he could subdivide properly and we just decided to get out of all that mess and not look back lest we find ourselves in over our heads in a big matata!!!
Well, that last house was the right price but finding as nice a house as that again in the country is normally in the 4 to 5 hundred thousand dollar range and sometimes even 6 hundred thousand.  Way over our ability to get financing like that.  Anyway, so we've looked at this and at that and this way and that way.  The boys roll their eyes now every time we mention going to look at something else.
We finally found a cute little home in a quiet subdivision that would do for us and we put in an offer and we were quite sure the guy was going for it but at the last minute he turned us down because someone else came with a bigger offer.  Ugh
I felt like crying but I have been praying and praying hard in my heart that God would close the doors to any place that isn't in His plan.  Well, he closed it and I was disappointed again.
This evening though, Our realtor called and wanted to show us a couple of places.  The first place was in a crowded little subdivision near the airport where Art works.  It was huge, old, and ugly!  The place would need a ton of work and I mean a ton and then I would only live there so that I could turn around and sell it for a profit but would I make a profit after doing all the work to it that needed to be done?  It all costs a ton of money to renovate.
Then we drove out to a couple of acres out in the country.  The acres were nice enough but the house was teeny tiny and the best way to describe it would be to say, it needs a match and a can of gasoline!  Yuck, Yuck! Stinky smelly, moldy, yuck!
Well, after well looked and commented and hummed and hawed about what we would do if the places were ours, we decided to do a drive by (not a shooting, a looking) of another house in the country on the other side of town....well actually quite a ways out of town!  Oh my,  we were immediately struck!  not only is it in our range of financing but it has enough rooms for us all and it is a beautiful house.  It has a tiny greenhouse and lots of garden beds already planted with potatoes and a shop for my husband and it is on the lake.    We get to go see the inside tomorrow and hopefully the people will take our offer.  It would be a grand place to raise the boys.  Well,  here I go again, setting myself up for another flop but I hope it works out this time.
Pray for us!
Market tomorrow.  So to bed I go!

2 comments:

  1. At a boy, girl. You see, all you have to do is put your fingers on the keyboard. It works! I hope this house is God's will. I'll pray with you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! It WORKED!!!!!!!!!

    Amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete