Friday, May 28, 2010

Fruitscream!

Market day everyone!  That was yesterday and it was fairly successful.  I bought myself a little freezer (3.5 cubic feet on the inside) and decided to make homemade ice cream sandwiches and fruit popsicles and  waffle cones with fruit ice cream.  Well, it just so happened to be a hot day and I sold over $200 worth of ice cream.  It paid for my little freezer in the first try.  Anyway,  I was wondering how people really liked it until today when in mid afternoon a van full of homeschooling friends showed up at my house asking if they could buy more ice cream.  Their parents bought them each what they wanted and they all ate and played for a while until it was time to leave.  As they were all piling into the van one of the little guys quietly snuck around to where I was and whispered,  "I really need another ice cream cooking to eat while we are driving home.  Do you think you could give me one?"   I laughed and said, "what about all the other kids in the van watching you eat by yourself?"
His answer was to share.  So since only one other little girl seem to notice the free giving away of ice cream cookies, I broke a big one in half and handed the little guy and the little girl each a half.  This is not exactly what the little girl had in mind and she quickly let me know that she was not interested in half cookies.  She needed a whole one all to herself.   That's when her mother noticed and embarassed a little asked what was going on.  I just laughed when the mother said that half was enough and then took the half and ate half of it herself.  Poor kiddo only got a few bites. 
Well as a result of one day of market, I have two small quilts lined up to sell and several bats and a couple frogs.  At least people say they are coming back with their money to get them next time.  I'll be prepared.

Well, Ed and Cheryl Dunn will be here for Church tomorrow and so I have to prepare something for a potluck dinner.  I also have to teach the Sabbath school lesson, so I have to be prepared for that too and I am having a bake sale on Sunday so I have to bake more stuff.  I am also having a craft sale and a yard sale at the same time and a Sunday morning pancake feast at the church.  I doing the entire feast.  I'm trying to raise money for school supplies and a mission trip to Africa.  The boys, especially C.  are pretty gung-ho about gathering some donations and earning money and going to help Memere for a while in Africa.  I hope we get to do it. 

God bless everyone and happy Sabbath.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy life. You have more varied stuff to write about than I do : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, those ice cream cookies must be good. You'll have to give the recipe. I hope Caleb can make to Africa with me next May. We'll have a great time.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete