Thursday, September 30, 2010

craft fair coming up

We have been very busy lately getting ready for the craft fair coming up at the end of October. 
However, I still have some orders to fill too and one of them was for a stuffy toy for a baby.  The lady who wants it bought a teddy bear from me a while back but has another grandbaby to buy for now and wanted something different.  I asked her what she would like and she said "I don't know, come up with something."  Oh,  I hate orders like that but here goes and we'll see if she likes it.


Caleb is also working hard and learning to sew really well.  Practice is making perfect.  He is determined to sell mittens so if you know anyone who would like to buy some of his special home made wool mittens he would love to sell lots.  He is trying to raise money for his trip to Africa. 
I did the design on the back of the fancy mittens and helped with the sewing on the first few but now he is able to sew them all on his own.  He is quite proud of his work and he calls them "Penguin Mittens".  Here is his poster.



Here are the mittens.




Jacob is not to be left out though and has been very busy making what he calls, "Skinny Scarves".  The are more for class then for warmth but they would work for either.  Here he is with several that he has already knitted (he knits them with his fingers).  He loves doing it!
And here is me, wearing one of them.  I have it folded in half so it is not so very long.  They add a nice touch I think. 

3 comments:

  1. Great Job! I love em! Has Ziggy got any projects up his sleeves? Thanks for posting! Stina-b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! I was getting curious to know what was happening around there!
    looks good!
    brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting!
    looks good!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete