Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thank God for a New Year

I'll have to say,  I am really grateful for a new year this year.  I am so tired!!!
This Christmas season has had me beat.  For the last two weeks it has been a constant bee hive of activity.  We have a ton of friends here.  Most of them are not Christian but the loveliest of families.  We have made some invites to our house and people have been anxious to come so I spend time at my least favorite activity and that is cooking.  I must say,  I do not too bad for not enjoying it much and that is not said in a bragging sort of way but rather a grateful, "Thank God!" kind of way.  I enjoy the "having people over" part though.  In between having people over to our house, we've been inundated with invites to other people's houses and have felt compelled to accept them all.  How else can you share the love of Jesus unless you mingle with people.  Anyway, we've also had people call us and ask if they can come over to our house.  They feel comfortable enough not to wait for an invite.  What do you say,  "Sure we would love to have you!!  Plan to stay for supper!"  And... there I go cooking again.  :0)
So we've been to Christmas parties, Birthday parties,Filipino House Blessing parties, and just "Come and have fun" parties. We've been swimming at the games center and skating with friends, soaking in the hot springs on a couple of occasions, and sledding at the lake on the opposite end of town.
Now,  I'm tired and had to turn down the last New Years Eve party.  I just couldn't do it any more.
But this I'll have to say, my husband and I had prayed together that God would help us to reach out to people and put people in our way whom we could be a blessing to and I believe he has.  Now for the New year planning.  I can't wait to see what the Lord has in mind for us.
Keep us all in your prayers everyone as People are opening up to us as least about their religious backgrounds and I am finding that no matter the person we've met,  they have all had some sort of former introduction to God and don't seem entirely closed to him.
We have discovered that even the people who have openly declared that they are not Christians have looked up prayers, memorized and recited them for the meals they have so generously prepared for us.  It has been interesting to see them go out of their way to make us comfortable.
It is a huge mission field up here and would be nice if we had another family to work with us.  Yes, we have a church family here but not one with kids and around our age.  Working with young families with kids seems to be our mission and it would be so nice to have help.  So, anyone who wants to move to the Great White North?  We sure could use a dedicated Christian family with kids.
Anyway,  loving the weather hear today.  Can't get any better then this!  Lovely -2 C.

No comments:

Post a Comment