Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ziggy the Seamster

Ok,  I don't know what you call a male seamstress but I call him my little seamster.   Art had several pairs of jeans that were worn out and so the boys took them over and cut them all up into pieces.  This boy has gotten hours upon hours and day after day of consentrated time trying very hard to make himself a suit to wear with his wooden armor.  He is trying very hard to be a knight in shining armor however unshiny his choice of fabric for his suit is. 
Anyway,  He has started with the leggings or pants. or maybe we should call them half and half. 
You see,  he worked on these pants/ leggings for two whole days between school hours, cutting and cutting and sewing and piecing.  I tried to give him some handy tips but he felt he knew just what he was doing and didn't need anyone elses expertise.  He was so cheerful and full of joy at this project.  He kept proclaiming to himself and whoever would listen that these were going to be so beautiful!  The were going to be so nice, in fact, that he was going to be making jean pants and jean shirts and selling them and making big money.
Alas the big day came when he could put them on and show them off.  I was very worried that he wouldn't even be able to get his leg in one sleave of his pants.  I was also worried that he would cry and cry in disappointment after all those hours of hard work.  (I would have!!!)
Here he is with his new pants.
He got his leg in alright!!  He is skinnier then I thought.
Notice the skin tight leg and the very loose leg.  The top didn't come up to his waist and it was a good thing he had a long shirt.  Notice also the seams are on the outside of the pants.

The good thing about all this is that he was greatly amused!  He laughed at his skinny and fat legs and he decided to try skinny up the other one to match.  When that failed, he laughed some more and said, "Well, I could always make another pair.  I think I did pretty good for my first pair and I did it without a pattern!!"  
Good for him!!  I told him he did great and he's my little seamster!!  I love these pants.  :0)

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Ziggy!!

    Keep working on it and pretty soon you'll design a new line of jeans.

    Christina is like that - always making stuff without patterns and doesn't want help and ideas... One of these days I"m going to teach to sew properly.

    ReplyDelete