Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sunshine

Oh what a beautiful Morning!!  Oh, what a beautiful Day!!
It is so beautiful.  The temperature must have been close to -40 degrees  but the air was crisp and sweet.  The mist on the field floated just above the ground creating a hazy whispy kind of look.  Oh, what a beautiful morning!
The sun is coming up earlier and earlier everyday now and going to bed later and later at night.  It will only be another week or two and we will be having full length days again. 
People are beginning to brighten and put their faces to the sun.  I've hear on more then one occasion from different people, they mentioned the sun.  One said, "The sun is getting strong again!"  I know exactly what he means.  It is not just shining low in the sky giving off it's heat into the abyss of space but we can actually feel its warmth inspite of the air temperature.
Another somebody said to me in town as she walked by, "It is so nice when the sun begins to make if feel like summer even on a -30 degree day!"  I totally agreed.
This morning the sun caught my attention and I just had to take pictures of it.  There was the sun and it's two counterparts, the sun dogs.  I love beautiful mornings.
These pictures were taken through my glass windows and even through my windows that are plasticed over.
I hope you see the beauty anyway.  We love the sun after such a long winter.  Thank God for the sun!






Here is a picture of the snow pile from clearing our driveway.  Great sledding hill!

Here is a picture of our heat supply for this winter.   We'll be warm for a long while yet!

1 comment: