Monday, April 8, 2013

Trust Him!

As I mentioned a few days ago,  Things got a little rough for me and our little church family.  But, I want to tell you today, that because of the prayers of my friends and family, myself, my children and my husband.  God worked an incredible miracle --- mostly in me!

You see last year I had stood up for something I believed and there was a fireworks show of anger and false accusations from some of my friends.  I didn't expect that from them and I reacted in hurt, anger, and despair.  For a year, I suffered on account of that whole thing but I learned from my own downfall, and that of the others around me.  It was oh so hard though!  My selfish heart did not handle it well at all!

When I was again faced with a similar situation the other day,  I decided in my heart to bring it all before the throne of Grace.  With tears of hurt still fresh on my face, I laid it all in Jesus lap without having said one angry word. 

I prayed with deep, heartfelt sympathy for my friend and began to realize that, that did not originate from me!  My heart soared!  I began praising the Lord for his mercy to me.  I was seeing his work of Grace in my own heart first.

As I wept, a song popped into my head, "I will serve thee because I love thee...Heart aches, broken people, ruined lives are why you died on Calvary...".  I began to sing.

Through out that day, every time an unanswered question about why this was happening entered my mind, a song would also pop into my head, "The love of God is Greater far..."  Some of the songs, I hadn't even heard in years.  I couldn't believe it.  I don't deal with hurt this way, normally.  I usually crumble.  I knew this peace wasn't from me but it flooded my heart and I sang songs of Praise all day long.  I had never felt so at peace in a rough situation, ever.  I knew that God had everything in His capable care and keeping and that I need not fret or fear over one iota of the whole situation.

The next day I continued to pray and sing and to feel a calm in the midst of the storm.  And then, I received a phone call.  It was my friend.  She wanted to make everything right.  I was so grateful to God for his goodness to us.  Friendship is restored, the empty seat in our little home church is full again and I am so happy.

The Love of God is so rich and pure,  measureless and strong!  He worked a miracle and the biggest half was in me, to just let Him have it all!  Thank you God!!

I am learning to trust in God like never before.  Jesus has become my example and he will give me the strength to follow.  You see,  in Gethsemane, His "soul was overwhelmed by deep darkness.  To trust meant experiencing anguish to the point of blood, and darkness to the very depths of hell -- Nevertheless!  Nevertheless... Not my will but yours be done!"     He chose to trust!

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were in a desperate situation too.  They face a trial so blazing hot that it literally killed others instantly!  They spoke, "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is  able to save us from it!  But if he does not..."  They chose to stand for him regardless!  I love that part,  "But even if he does not..." We will serve God anyway!

1 comment: