Thursday, January 10, 2013

Baskets

Since we've been home,  I've had visitors nearly everyday.  I never mind that.  I love visitors.  One of my favorite visitors is always Beverly.  She came over on Tuesday and Showed us how to make baskets out of news paper.  I can't believe how sturdy they are  I love them.  They make great little gift baskets.  (Mom, perfect for your girls to make and sell in Africa).
We spent a day fiddling around and experimenting.  I think we have it all down pat now and even Caleb has got the technique down pat.  He is weaving his second one now and it is much tighter then his first.  I only have a picture of his first one but his second one is a lot better. 

Here are some pictures.
These are the small ones we started out with.  They turned out so much fun!

Beverly, leading the way!

Caleb's first basket

I decided to go square and this is mine.  I'll post finished pictures later as I haven't finished painting it all up yet.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, a high day on your blog - love all the news and updates! so nice to 'see' Beverly again - please tell her hi from us. Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic project! They look like such fun! I'm sure Caleb loves the challenge!

    ReplyDelete