Thursday, January 10, 2013

Little Girls and their Mother.

I have been babysitting a coupld of little girls for a few months now.  It is so fun to have little girls around, especially ones as girly as these ones.  They are so sweet!

One thing about them though, is that they had been brought up strictly athiest.  Well, I informed their mother when she came to me to babysit that we were Christians and that more then likely her little ones would come home singing about the love of Jesus one day.  I told her that I would not go out of my way to teach them but that they would pick it up anyway as a result of the way we lived.  She laughed and said ok. 
\
She couldn't believe it when just two days into having this new babysitter, her little girl was twirling around their cabin singing praises to God for saving and loving her.  Even I was surprised because I had not said anything specific to her yet about Jesus.

The older little girl began to be bombarded though by other little children in the community.  A little baptist boy about the same age (7 years old)  informed her that God created the world.  She addimently denied it and a big fight ensued, tears and all.  Poor little girl dug in her heals stubbornly.  Next her mother transfered her to the Catholic school because the education there was a lot better quality.  In the play ground a small boy came up to this new little one and boldly asked? "Do you believe in God?"   "NO!" was her reply!  LOL
"Then, I'll pray for you!"  he said.  She was stuck her little nose in the air.

Things crumbled in their home.  Mommy who had left daddy realized the value of keeping the family together.  She was beside herself in emotional pain and guilt.  She poured out her heart to me and cried on my shoulder.  I told her of Jesus and his love and forgiveness!
She said,  she did not believe it him.  She had grown up an athiest in a comunist country.  How could she believe when she simply did not believe.  To say so would be a lie.  I asked her if she would pray with me.  She said, "How can I pray to someone who I don't even believe is there?  It would be like a lie!"

I agreed.  It all seemed so foolish to someone who truly did not believe him there.  I prayed by myself for her.  I told her I would do the praying.  She wanted her husband back and realized that it would take an absolute miracle for that to happen but she did not believe in miracles.  She was so very very hopless!

Soon, her hopelessness turned to complete dispair and on my bathroom floor she cried her eyes out.  I sat down beside her and she fell into my shoulder and sobbed.  She began to pray.   She prayed hysterically!  I prayed calmly.

For a long time she prayed relentlessly and hysterically.  I prayed with her.  Her husband came back.  He made choices to let her into his heart again.  She began to see the power of God.  Now I could open the Bible to her.  I showed her how to pray,  I showed her how to claim God's promises.  She excepted everything with open heart. 

One day little girl found her mother kneeling in prayer.  "What are you doing?  This is the reason for all your pain!"  The mother gently told her "no, it's the reason that things are turning around!"  Defiantly the little girl asked,  "Mom,  is the easter bunny real?" 
"No,  that was made up sweety!" 
"Is Santa real?" 
"No, Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas!"
Angry and confused the little one walked away and didn't talk about it for several days as she processed it.  Then one day she told her little sister that the best thing about Christmas was Baby Jesus being born.

Just before I left for Christmas holiday, I asked the mother if I could have my Bible back as I had lent it to her.  She was willing but begged me for another one.  She said, should could not live without it anymore.  I was thrilled and for Christmas gifts presented her with a beautiful Bible and one for little girl that could read and a DVD about Jesus for the little one.

Their Daddy and husband was coming home for Christmas and the mother confided in me that she had written out promises from the Bible which she had pinned up all around her bed.  She sat one day thinking about her athiest husband and what he would think when he came home to a family of christians.  She thought that perhaps she should take them down for his sake and put them away.  She opened her bible and the first words she saw were these,  "I shall not hide.."  That was it.  She had to laugh!  He came home and she did not hide.  He did not understand but he accepted it.

Now,  They are moving.  They are moving to Australia to be with their Daddy and Husband.  They are happy, apprehensive and unsure.  Yesterday, the mother came to my house and asked me if I would kneel with her and pray for her husband.  So together in my living room we knelt before the maker and redeemer of this man and prayed for him also.  Please pray for them.

They have a long way to go.  God granted me an opportunity to plant a seed.  I must be content to do what he asks.  May God grant some the special harvest! 

She has informed me that she is trying to quite smoking now.  God grant her strenth and will power!  She also informed me that she is even praying to mother Mary now too.  LOL  I smile.  I'm praying about that one too.  In his time.  One gentle step at a time. 

Love this family!  Think I'll plant a seed and watch a plant grow.  Everytime I look at the plant I'll remember that my job was to plant the seed and pray!  God bless them in Australia!

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord Julie!! God is using you because ou are willing. Love, Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! May the Lord Jesus continue to bring the increase!
    Dylan this week has professed faith in the Lord Jesus Christ! How precious it is to see children come to the Saviour in genuine childlike faith!

    ReplyDelete