Thursday, March 28, 2013

Outside My Bedrroom door is the threshold of my mission field

Lately I awake every morning and leave my room with a sense of responsibility to God. 
I am beginning to realize that every act with every person is an act of influence.  My purpose is no longer to just be friends with everyone like it used to be, but to rather be an influence of the Saving Grace of Jesus whatever form that takes.

I've been trying to make every moment count whenever I make a trip to town.  Town is actually half an hour away from home and so I try to fit in as much as possible each time I go. 

Yesterday,  I had to deliver a pile of jackets that I had put Security badges on for the business that has recently hired me to do their sewing for them.  I decided to leave early enough not to rush business and in plenty enough time to visit a friend that asked me to come and see her. 

This friend and her daughter have recently joined our little homechurch.  They are so in love with Jesus and wanting to follow him.  It is such a blessing to be with them.  They were recently blessed, when I petitioned the church board on the daughter's behalf to be sponcered to go to ASI's  Y*outh for Jesus progrqm and they agreed!  We were all extatic!  They were so grateful for the love shown, and I'm so grateful Elisha will get to experience the joys of being in service for the master she loves.

But tell me now, how, pray tell, is it possible to lose weight at all when you have Phillippino friends?  They fed us ice cream, sticky and sweet casava cake (I think that's what it was), pumpkin muffins, and the most delicious carrot, sweet potatoe curry with nan bread.  I was surprised when I left that she gasped and said,  "Oh no,  I forgot to serve you desert!"   Oh my,  I thought it was all desert!

However, I had had enough desert because even God saw fit to put a cherry on the top for me.  As I was about to leave, my friend said, "I have felt impressed and have a deep desire to do what I can for you.  Come to my computer,  lets download the application forms for YD camp for your two sons and I am going to pay for the application fee of $50 each."  I had told her that the boys were going to go!  I was saying that purely on faith.   Now, God had provided money that I did not have.  I had just told my sister the day before that by faith, we are coming down South so the kids can go to Y*oung Disciple Camp.  We are going to work our hinies off towards that end and trust that God will fill in the blanks.  Well,  He filled in the first $100!  Isn't he great!

From there I had a moment to spare when I dropped my boys off at the Canada Games Center for their speed skating, so I dropped by W*allMart to grab myself a loaf of Silver*Hills bread.   While entering the store, I breathed a prayer.  "Lord,  I have a little time right now!  Can you provide a witnessing moment for me this evening?"   Then I was off to a visit with a native lady whom I will be giving her first Bible Study to this evening along with another Native lady.

When I came into her home,  I chatted with her as she packed bones for my dog into a baggy for me to take home.  Suddenly from behind me I heard a soft voice say,  "Hello!"   I swung around,  I hadn't seen anyone else in the room.  There on a foamy on the floor, under some blankets, was the lady's 19 year old daughter.  She laughed at my fright and invited me to sit.  I took a seat on the couch nearest me and beside her bed on the floor.  I noticed an open Bible beside me and I picked it up in my hands. 

Mar*izah is the girls name (such a beautiful name!).  She began to question me about what is Lent (Hmmm,  I was too versed on what lent is.  lol  I'll have to bone up on how lent came about.)?  What was the purpose of Jesus fast in the desert?  What was the trial of Jesus like?  I had opportunity of expaining Jesus great love for her and for all mankind (She had never really heard the story).  We talked about the weight of guilt and sin that Christ took upon himself so that we wouldn't have to bear it and die all eternity. We talked about the free gift of Salvation through Jesus death.  We also talked about the resurection of Jesus.  She asked me if when people wear the upside down cross, were they mocking God?  I explained the story of Lucifer in Heaven, his fall, and his agenda here on Earth.  She asked questions about the music she was listening to and why do they aways have ocultish symbols on their album covers?  We talked about meditation and Eastern religions and about levitating.  We talked about her scary dream where she felt surounded by fear and darkness and could not so much as even move her head and how she prayed and it all disapeared just like that.   

Please continue to pray for this young girl.  God is reaching out to her!  This was the devine appointment I prayed for just an hour and a half before.   Praise God for that answer to prayer!

Tonight, I hold Bible studies for the native Ladies.  Tomorrow,  Starting next week on Friday evenings I start Bible studies with some ladie's from Figi who are SDA but by upbringing and not so much by knowlege or relationship, it seems!  They requested personal Bible studies when Dr. Tim presented the love of God in a sermon he preached here.  It is truly God at work.  I'm blessed to be the instrument in his hands.

We were blessed again the other day when the pastor asked us to please come before the board at our main SDA Church in town and present the church at home ministry.  We prayed, we went, we presented and the Lord Blessed.  Everyone looked on it with favor and even enthusiasm.  They could see how this could be the answer to growth up here in the Yukon.  Ethan,  prayed a prayer of blessing on our behalf and we felt that God was hearing our prayers for the softening of the hearts of the people in our church!  Charlie when home shouting the praises of God and that he had fairth in our little congregation for the very first time.   ;o)  We were all smiling!

I also presented our next plan,  Cooking school!  We need to follow up the Dr. Tim program sooner then later with a program that was most in demand after he left and that was,  "Teach us to cook vegan food!"  Well,  I noticed that the response to someone proffesional and from out of town was huge!  People appreciated new blood (so to speak!  lol)  So I thought to invite Ilene Bre*wer and Phil from Silver H*ills to come up.  I called them and they said,  "The best time would be this spring!"  Wow,  That is certainly what I wanted to hear!  Praise God!  Now, I'm just waiting to hear back from them.  Hopefully soon!  Yay!

And so now,  I must get to work and help my kids through their anatomy and physiology science lesson and prepare them for their Spelling program that my friend Bev has so graciously offered to help them with once a week.  I am so grateful for friends who see my weeknesses and needs and are willing to give a helping hand.

Well, that's my life as it stands right now!  Counting my blessings and naming them one by one! 

3 comments:

  1. How awesome to read of the encounters and the ability to share. May God protect your enthusiasm and keep you strong in Him as you live 'in' your community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic, Ju. It will be interesting to see how the new converts, when they come, will integrate with the old members. The Lord will do it. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading your posts on and off for over 2 months. I love how refreshingly honest you are in your struggles in doing what you and your family has been called to do. Sometimes when one hears testimonies in church (or about a successful ministry on Audioverse, but we (the listeners) don't always get the back stories and truly get to experience the journey. We just hear the problem and the happy ending. Your blog posts does more than that. It shares the harsh realities but most importantly how God intervenes.

    The persistence of you and your family is admirable, praise be to God. I pray that your strength will be renewed daily and that one day we will meet in heaven (as the chances of this NYC gal coming Yukon is very slim, lol---- well with God we never know). Happy Sabbath, my sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete