Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hubby at his Work Place

This is a bit of an interesting story that isn't finished happening yet (I hope). 
My husband is an aircraft mechanic at a local charter company that flies Medical Evacuation planes and also supplies in and out of mining camps.  He has put aside the twisting of wrenches for the time being though, and has taken on the position of Quality Assurance maneger.  It is a desk job but  it pays more and so for the time being he is doing what no one else wants to do.  That's ok though.  He has a chance to chat with the guys on a fairly regular basis and still exudes an influence around the shop for good.
It was just the other day that my husband was telling me that they had a new contractor from Alberta.  A really nice older gentleman with long hair pulled back into a pony tail.
He had been working there for quite a while when he sidles up beside my husband and kind of in a half whisper said,  "I finally got you figured out!" 
"Oh?"  My husband said with a laugh,  "You are doing better then my wife and my mother!  So what did you figure out?"
"You are a Sabbath keeper!"  He replied!
My husband chuckled,  "I could have told you that!  It's no secret around here.  You could have just asked."  
And somehow from their the conversation got interupted as they went about their jobs. 
My husband came home and while musing over his day, he shared this interesting tidbit of the days event with me.  Of course, I ask a thousand questions but what's there to be said about a conversation that went no further then that. 
Last night while sitting on the couch chatting,  My husband related the next episode of the on-going story. 
He said,  "I asked this contractor guy today, ""You have my curiosity peaked!  What made you decide I was a Sabbath keeper?" 
"Well," Replied the contractor,  "You never swear and you never drink!"  He carried on,  "My wife and I used to go to church at the Sal*vation Army chuch.  We did ministry on the streets.  One time we invited some street people to our church but when they came in all their disheveled, smelly clothes, they were told to leave and go back down town where they belonged.  We never went to church again!  We went home and began to study our Bible's for ourselves.  We discovered that God has asked us to worship on the Seventh day and not Sunday. So we do, at home alone, every Sabbath!  My wife is stricter about it then me but it is what we learned and what we do."

Again the conversation must have been interupted because while they had a good talk about God and religion, my husband did not get a chance to invite him to our little home church this Sabbath but hoped he would grab that chance when he went to work on Friday.  Unfortunately, he forgot Friday is a holiday and nobody went to work.

Well, you say,  next week!  It would be nice but the man is leaving back for Alberta next Friday. 
Still, the story is not over yet because in May, he is coming up again to do more contract work and he is hoping to bring his wife. 

I'm already praying for God to open up the opportunity for us to witness and invite both to home church and to our house for supper some evening.  Praying that God will lead in this. 

My husband did mention that both himself and this contractor guy had discovered that they both had a similar background experience, having gone through the drugs and the alcohol scene and then finding Jesus.
My husband shared with the guy that he had determined in his heart that if he should ever join a church, he wanted to make sure that it followed the Bible to a T.   The man was in complete agreement on that.  Art went on to say,  "I found the Seventh Day Adventist church and their doctrines hold true to the Bible.  Not everyone in the church follows the doctrines taught from the Bible but the church as a Whole believes in the Bible and it's teachings." 

This is another man to pray for!  May God expand our Teritory!  Jabez Prayer    

1 comment: