Friday, November 26, 2010

Finished the boys room

Hi Everyone
I just had to show you the finishing touches to the boys room.  I love, love, love their "very boy" room!
My sister had posted on her blog, some scripture decals that she had gotten for her kid's rooms and I loved them.  But, I am neither patient (I would have to order them through the mail = 2 weeks waiting) nor do I want to spend the money.  What could I do to have the same thing?  I thought and thought and pondered and well, I'm sure it took two weeks anyway, for me to come up with this remedy to my problem.
I went to the dollar store and found lots of different colours of mac-tac.  I chose black.  I then went to my computer and with Printmaster I found a font that I liked.  I put as many words for my verse on a page as possible in the font size I liked and then flipped them all so the words were all backwards.
I then cut out my  black mac-tac to the size of a regular printer paper and put it into my printer one page at a time.  I had to be careful because it is softer then regular paper and wanted to scrunch in the printer but we did all right.  I printed all my backward words on the back of the mac-tac and then cut them out.  Now when I peal the paper off the back and stick it to the wall, it all faces the right way.  Hurray!!  It sticks to the wall.  It looks permanent but it can be pealed off and moved.  And it has just the effect I was looking for.  I am so happy!  All these bedroom decals (except for the motorcycles, they are painted) cost me a total of about $5.00
I happened also to like the verse and the version or paraphrase my sister put in her daughter's room so I stole that idea too.  Thanks Angie  --  love the ideas.  Keep them coming!
Oh and by the way, Angie.  You can have as many verses and decals as you want now, all over your house, for hardly any cost at all except time!  Good luck finding that.  :0)

Here, have a peek!
The Border says, "You are a child of God.  You are wonderfully made, dearly loved and precious in His sight!
Ziggy's side of the room has this little guy repelling off of the words, "Before God made you, He knew you..."


J. loves to play hockey with his friends.  It says, "There is no one else like you!"
Cute little clock I found.  It is shaped like a tire.

1 comment:

  1. Well, there you go! Good job. I don't have what it takes to cut them all out LOL.... You have creativity and patience...

    ReplyDelete