Friday, November 19, 2010

motorcycles

I took a picture of one of the wall in the boys new bedroom.  I didn't really want to spend anymore money on paint so I took left overs from this and that from other rooms in the house and well,  I'm not terribly impressed with how coordinated they are but the boys love it.  They begged me not to change it.  They also asked me to put motorcycles and stuff on their walls.  Well, buying wall decals can be very expensive and right now, I'm trying to avoid expensive sooooo.... Finally I thought of an idea.  I googled "dirt bike silouette" and found some that they liked.  I printed them on paper and cut them out.  Then I took masking tape and covered a heavy duty zip lock bag with it, overlapping each strip and using my paper motorbike stencil that I made I traced around it onto the masking tape.  Then I cut it out, peeled the plastic of the back, put the tape negative on the wall and painted in the blanks.  I didn't even have to be careful.  Here is the end result of my motorcycle experiment.



                                                   

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing, girlfriend! I will never know how you do all you do! I miss you terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skill amazes me! How long did it take you to mask off all of those tire spokes and dirt specks?? Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete