Monday, September 12, 2011

Busy Monday :0)

Today was similar to yesterday but it changed from Sunday to Monday.
Today we picked carrots and put them in buckets of sand.  We picked 5 buckets of Carrots and I gave one bucket away to a friend and neighbor who came by with her little son today and helped us pick them.
She is my neighbor who is also excited to join my prayer group and Bible study.  So,  I'm happy for that.  We are meeting on Wednesday evening for the first time.  Hurray!

I had to cut farmer me from the picture.  It was too much for me to look at!  :0(




5 comments:

  1. way nicer carrots than I have for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use dry sand, or damp, how large of buckets, open or closed, and how cold do you store them. I hear of storing in saw dust, and will try it this year.
    Also do you have much wind, and how does your green house stand up. We have hesitated to put one in because we can get 60+ mph winds. Would like to know how yours does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello My Strength and Song, I have no idea who you are but I sure appreciate your comments and prayers. I actually don't know much about keeping carrots. They do well in a "just above freezing" environment. Somebody told me also to sprinkle the top of the sand every once in a while to maintain some moisture so the carrots don't shrivel and become rubbery. We are just experimenting also this year. As far as the greenhouse goes, we have lots of wind here because of a lack of trees around our place. However, inside the pvc pipe that we used for building the greenhouse, we have 20'x 3/4" rhebar. It holds up very nicely. I'm loving my greenhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we used 5 gallon buckets with holes drilled in the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,

    You don't need to post this but My Strength and Song = Cherie Duffield. I Love you blog. Both you and your sister are so creative! You should make a home makers DVD or something. I love to do so many of the same things but I'm not so artsy as you two. Any way thanks for the tips for storage. We are having a long warm spell and one day here it will snap. Blessing to you all. CD

    ReplyDelete