Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Out of the Kitchen of Me.

I don't know what got into me but I felt like experimenting with my sprouts.  Today I made sprouted wheat bread.  Well,  It rose nicely and all but when I put it in the oven, it flopped.  Oh well.  I think next time I will let it rise in the oven and when it is just right, turn the heat on to bake instead of moving it about.
Anyway,  I got some more wheat sprouting soon so I'll try again.
Then I made crackers out of sprouted wheat bread, sprouted lentils, and cooked brown rice.  Of course there is garlic and onion pwd., salt and some vegetable oil as well.  They taste very nice and the first batch I made, I thought that Art would enjoy them when he came home.  A little while later I asked J.  to fill the dishwasher and when I came back in the kitchen they were half ate up.  Ugh!!
I made another batch and since it is supper time now, they are all munching away on them again.
I also made a tabbouleh type salad with garbanzos, lentil spouts, onions tomatoes, lettuce and a coconut, ginger dressing.  Then of course we needed veggies and that's where the asparagus comes in.
I don't usually cook a lot and spend as little time as possible in the kitchen but apparently I felt like it today.  Wish you were here to help me eat it. 


Oh, and the dip with the crackers that you see here is a recipe that I got off of Barbara's blog- 
http://wildflowermorningrecipes.blogspot.com/
Very yummy, Barbara, thank you!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad my blog was an inspiration. I had no idea it would send someone straight into the kitchen though. You must have been hungry for some variety. : ) Glad it was a success. The photos look good too. I'd love to taste the asparagus and mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete